When people ask me what I do for a living, I tell them: “I help moms get more freedom + peace of mind."
BUT WHAT I REALLY WANT TO SAY IS…
"I show women how to make raising a girl feel like an exhilarating adventure.”
AND WHAT I REALLY, REALLY WANT TO SAY IS…
“I read stacks of arts & craft magazines, fill my addictive fix for pinterest, write heart-warming blog posts inspired by sheheros + create digital guides that feel like fully body massage treatments … because the more FUN I pour into my relationship with my daughter, the more freedom + peace of mind I get back.”
Hey, I’m Heather Freeman – and working with moms who crave to give their daughters wings to fly is my secret sauce.
Moms come to me when they are feeling worried about the drama, boys, girl clicks, and ‘fitting in’ issues that are unavoidable in their daughter’s life. Pressures of the outside world feel stressful. Together, we create new ways of tackling these realities that feel doable and empowering. Strategies that lead to meaningful connections, a feeling of belonging, and increased confidence, - joyful girls who can be anything, do anything, and overcome anything.
I have a 20+ year background in health promotions and girl’s health. I have been a mom – successfully raising two girls - for 14 years. I’m not a newbie mom mentor who just popped up yesterday. I’ve been around the block - and back.
That’s the down and dirty on my professional life.
When I’m not teaching - or posting pictures of my latest art projects my girls and I have crafted up on Instagram, I can be found running alongside my sole sisters on the trails or happily making a batch of fudge brownies in the kitchen.
CURIOUS TO KNOW MORE?
…..or just looking for something to read before the bus rolls home? Here are 10 more facts about me…….
- I love new adventure so much that I applied and got into my college of choice site unseen and a 10 hour drive from home, then 4 years later applied and got into grad school in another new state – site unseen and this time 10 states away. And then when my oldest was 12, moved across country again to a house my husband, girls, and I bought – yup, you guessed it – site unseen.
- I can meal plan like nobody’s business…scouring my go-to recipe sites and my beloved cookbooks – I’ve got a system DOWN.
- I didn’t think I ever wanted to have girls, until that is my first daughter was born. Now I can’t imagine having it any other way.
- I get seriously speeved out during violent movies. Can’t watch em’. Won’t. Don’t ask.
- I didn’t start running until my mid-twenties. Started on roads, transitioned to trails. I’ve been dubbed “Tiny Dancer” (Ha!) for my graceful prance off rocks and roots through the woods.
- I traveled internationally for the first time when I was 17 (unchaperoned – say WHAT?)
- While coffee is my preferred wake-me up. My favorite cup to cradle throughout the day is a warm mug of tea. Soooo many favorites….. herba matte, chai, rooibos, and green top my list.
- I didn’t change a diaper until a week after my daughter was born. I admit. I was clueless.
- Cotton Candy.
- I am living proof that it’s never too late to make your dreams come true, whether you want to talk, play, create, adventure, or build unstoppable confidence and totally be her number one go-to. Dive deep. Open your heart. Don’t worry about what other people will think. Just focus on honing in to what she needs most and be as consistently present as you can be. As a wise mom mentor once told me, “a mother’s arms are more comforting than anyone else."